founded 2004 by ron cruger
A place for intelligent writers
by Laramie Boyd
A place for intelligent readers
Yes or No
Your comments about this column are welcome ~ e-mail Laramie at
2018 Spectator Ron - The Spectator All Rights Reserved
Can you, for a brief moment in time, separate your mind from your political party affiliation, forgetting
that a certain party line should always guide any response you make in any political or social discussion? Forgetting that so-and-so,
the leader of your side of the aisle, has said such-and-such, and you should, like all good so-and-sos, respond accordingly? For maybe
once, reach deep down and come up with an answer that you really believe should represents your truest feelings. Do you fear doing
Forget whether or not the following statements reflect a certain party line. Answer what you feel,
as much as possible giving a yes I agree, or no I disagree answer to yourself. Or test yourself. Compare your answers with your political
affiliation. Have fun. Send me your results. Make comments. Or deny that there is any significance or affect your answers would make
anyway. Look out. Another election is only about 2 years away
- Is it a good thing that a woman, at any time,
can decide to take the life away from a child growing in her stomach?
- Should there be safe, and free, access
to clinics that abort babies?
- Should an attempt be made to round up as many as possible of the supposed
11 million illegal immigrants in the U.S., and attempt to deport them?
- Should a path to citizenship be
provided to known current illegal immigrants that is easier than the path legal immigrants have in the past and are now going through
to become citizens?
- Will allowing the illegal immigrants to cross into the U.S. at will, as president Obama
did, make America a better country?
- Will building a wall across the southern border of the U.S. cut down
on the number of illegal immigrants entering the U.S.?
- Should illegal immigrants be given the rights of
citizens and free food and lodging?
- Do you support the current Medicare program for senior citizens?
- Should senior citizens, who can afford it, be made to obtain private health insurance?
- Should all those who vote in an election be required to be a citizen of the U.S.?
- Should anyone who walks
into a voting booth be allowed to vote in an election for president of the U.S.?
- Do you believe that marriage
should only be between a man and a woman?
- Do you believe every child has a right to have a man for
a father and a woman for a mother?
- Do you believe LGBT citizens should have every right every other citizen
- Do you believe the owner of a business should have the right to choose its patrons?
- Do you believe Muslims citizens should have every right that other citizens have?
- Do you believe any
person who walks into a restaurant, regardless of dress, behavior, language, sex, politics, religion, have a right to be served?
- Do you believe Nativity scenes should be allowed at Christmas?
- Do you believe the word Christmas should
be banned at any location?
- Do you believe students should be allowed to gather in a group and offer a prayer
in a public school?
- Do you believe an elementary school child, K - 6th grade, should be allowed to choose
their own toilet to use?
- Do you believe a church should pay less income tax than a business?
- Do you believe a public school education should be free to any child who applies?
- Do you believe women
should be subject to the Selective Service draft system?
- Do you believe women should be required to serve
on battlefronts as men are?
- Do you believe a person should not be required to serve in the armed forces
just by saying that they do not believe in killing people?
- Do you believe that any religion should be able
to be taught in public schools, as it is in private schools?
- Do you believe prayer should be
banned for all religions in public schools?
- Do you believe in the sanctity of human life?
- Do you believe the Constitution is only a blueprint document and should be relatively easier to change as society changes?
- Do you believe a judge who supports women's rights should be appointed solely on that basis?
- Do you believe
there is freedom of speech in America?
- Do you believe the word "freedom" has been redefined to mean only
what particular political parties want it to mean?
- Should citizens be allowed to protest laws that allow
peaceable protests? - Should president G.W. Bush have been impeached for his "weapons of mass destruction" war in Iraq?
- Should president Bill Clinton have been impeached for his sex in the oval office tryst?
- Are your
answers strictly along party lines?
- Do you believe people with opposite responses to yours are
their views and see yourself as right?
- Would compromise in the Congress on today's devastating issues make
America Great Again?
- Will simply electing someone who belongs to a different political party than is in
office solve most of the problems facing America?