Turn Out the Lights and Call the Law
Your comments about this column are welcome ~ e-mail Laramie at
founded 2004 by ron cruger
A place for intelligent writers
by Laramie Boyd
A place for intelligent readers
2015 Spectator Ron - The Spectator All Rights Reserved
There are a lot of things going on today that really bug me. I remember my mother years ago saying she was bugged about a lot of things going on then. I guess every generation goes through the same feelings. My grandmother was bugged about the length of skirts ladies started to wear, and my mother was bugged about the way movie stars began to swear in the picture shows, saying things like damn, and hell. Wouldn't she be surprised today.
But come on, isn't some of the behavior nowadays a little too much, even by the 21st century standards? Here's my "honey" bucket list of behavior that really bugs me:
- Tattoos, tattoos, tattoos
- Spiked hairdos in all shades of green, blue, and red
- Rap music, sung by off-key singers with not a whit of musical talent, using all the four letter words while insulting the society that allows them to do so
- Law suits filed for measly, inconsequential reasons, being allowed
- Athletes getting away with wife beatings, dog killing, drug use and who knows what all else
- Presidents lying their face off
- Congressmen lying their faces off
- Candidates lying their faces off
- Blacks claiming every arrest or detention of black citizens is racial
- Blacks burning, rioting, looting businesses in their own neighborhoods while citizens and police stand by helpless and few arrests made
- White police shooting blacks when other enforcement is available
- Judges routinely releasing prisoners before their terms are served
- Women demanding benefits men get at private facilities, e.g access to Masters at Augusta, and all-male private golf courses
- Christmas decorations being legally removed
- Men "marrying" men. That I'll never understand as long as I live.
- Priests that belong in jail free as a bird
- Sending billions on space probes to Mars while humans suffer starvation
- Violent gangs roam the streets at will
- Illegals routinely crossing our borders with little or no law enforcement
Do I need to go on with this only partial list of how our country has been allowed to degrade itself. I would like to see a valid, thoughtful, explanation of why these kinds of behavior are routinely accepted as normal.
Give it a shot.