"Good evening Mr. and Mrs. America, and all the ships at sea." Headlines:
Your comments about this column are welcome ~ e-mail Laramie at
founded 2004 by ron cruger
A place for intelligent writers
by Laramie Boyd
A place for intelligent readers
2013 Spectator Ron - The Spectator All Rights Reserved
- 92 year old charged as wartime criminal. (It's never too late I guess).
- 2 men, rooting for a home team win, were accused
of stealing ivy from a
wall in a baseball park. (They wanted to start a victory garden I guess).
- School in Indonesia wants to have
girls take virginity test. (School board
decides it's not a very noble idea, as in "What do we do if they aren't?").
- Coachella Valley
opens first commercial brewery as DUI sweep by
local police nets 8 habitual offenders.(Can breweries and DUI's co-exist, really?)
- - Arabia passes domestic abuse ban (Look out men, they want revenge!).
- Israeli troops dance in nightclub with Palestinian citizens.(Soldiers
put on suspension for fraternizing with the enemy).
- Taylor Swift explains what she meant by "Shut the f... up!" (It seemed very
clear to most people).
- Key to health fitness discovered. MONEY! (Findings lauded, but is it all
- Maryland parking
lot bombed by National Guard.(For overcharging to
park their cars?)
- Congress is divided over whether to bomb Syria for using gas
(Has Congress ever been united on any issue?). - Given enough warning, the Syrian leaders who gassed their own citizens
will be long gone if the President attacks.(I wonder, do they teach that forewarning tactic at West Point?)
And on the lighter side:
- A blonde Swedish lady reporter asked the President why he wanted to risk starting a war, since he receive a Nobel Peace Prize. (Who
said blondes were dumb?).