Biden is Centrist, Bernie is Socialist, some are too Conservative, some are so far left that they are off the grid! What’s to become of the poor United States of America?
On June 26th and 27th, 20 candidates will meet for a debate in Miami, providing some small country does not do something unexpected! These 20 qualified by either having at least 1% in three consecutive poll results, or by raising donations from 65,000 people. Americans are so confused by now that they will donate for any candidate who promises a “chicken in every pot,” or, promise of receiving a check whether or not the voter works at all when he or she is totally able. Where do most of these candidates plan to get the extra money to do this? By taking from the rich and giving to the poor! This has shades of reading too much Robin Hood! Bernie forgets that Socialism has not worked in any country, so how does he expect it to work in the Land of the Free? Hey, Bernie, did it work in Germany under Hitler? Where, oh where is our Abraham Lincoln when we need him so badly?
· The 20 candidates who qualified to debate in Miami are: Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado; former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.; Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey; Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Ind.; former housing secretary Julián Castro; Mayor Bill de Blasio of New York; former Representative John Delaney of Maryland; Representative Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii; Senator Kirsten Gillibrand of New York; Senator Kamala Harris of California; former Gov. John Hickenlooper of Colorado; Gov. Jay Inslee of Washington; Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota; former Representative Beto O’Rourke of Texas; Representative Tim Ryan of Ohio; Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont; Representative Eric Swalwell of California; Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts; the self-help author Marianne Williamson; and the former tech executive Andrew Yang. The top five are:
· Joe Biden: 27 percent.
· Bernie Sanders: 20 percent.
· Kamala Harris: 8 percent.
· Pete Buttigieg: 8 percent.
· Elizabeth Warren: 6 percent. Not one of these has agreed with anything the other has to say! The debate in Miami will be hot and heavy, as I said before, if something unexpected does not happen!
This old world is a powder keg. Present U.S. policies have upset the apple cart of a lot of places. It is very difficult, given the volatile atmosphere in D.C., to be for anyone thinking of running for president of the United States. Hatred abounds! Agreements are nil! Fear has taken hold, as no one can trust anyone! (Is anything new here?)
Each candidate of the Democrats has criticized Trump’s border policies. Trouble is, it is one thing to criticize, but yet another to come up with a working solution. Americans have been duped so many times by politicians that the very least they can expect is for someone to pull a rabbit out of a hat! This too is all trickery! It is very easy to stand behind a podium and promise the American people peace and prosperity at any cost. Trouble is, not one politician ever promises that he or she will take the money out of their own pocket to fulfil the promises. Alas! It always comes out of the pocket of the working public. Democrat or Republican!
Such a dilemma!